There were times when people used to struggle to find out about the property owner. The process was long and hectic. And the main reason behind it was one, Patwaris used to manage everything related to the property.
The issue with Patwaris was that they used to manipulate people pretty easily. It is because no one was there to check the records. The Patwaris used to have all the authority when it came to dealing with land or property issues.
However, now things have changed a lot. To check the ownership of the property, an individual can take help from the Internet. This means, wherever you are in the world, you can check the status or record of your property online.
All credit goes to the government of Pakistan. They have developed an online system to check any sort of land or property information. Furthermore, it is an initiative that will also end corruption. Moving on the process will become quick and simple too.
Read More: https://propertystreet.com.pk/what-are-the-4-types-of-real-estate/
How to Check Property Ownership in Pakistan Online – The Step-by-Step Guide
Here is how you can check property ownership in Pakistan online. Keep in mind that this process is rather novel when compared with the traditional norms of real estate in Pakistan.
- Either visit Punjab or Sindh Zameen land record
- After landing on the homepage, you should select the right sections and fill out the fields accordingly
- Make sure that the information that you are entering is right and not mismatched
- From the drop-down menu, select the respective district
- After the district selection, select the respective Tehsil/ Taluka from the next drop-down menu
- Now select the property area from the menu
- The menu will provide you with three options, search property with CNIC, Name, or Property number
- Click on the search button and get your desired results
Punjab Land Record Authority (PLRA)
So if you have a property in Punjab, you can visit Punjab-zameen.gov.pk to check every detail about the property.
Allow us to tell you that PLRA is an authority that is responsible for updating the record from time to time on this website. The authority came into existence in 2017, and from that day till this date they are in charge of ensuring everything is accurate.
We’d also like to tell you that there are other services available on the website too. For example, if you need to see old land records, you can.
The steps to check property ownership in Pakistan online are:
- Visit Punjab Land Record Authority website, Punjab-zameen.gov.pk
- Once arriving on the website simply click on “Property Registration” on the homepage
- Once you will click on the “Property Registration” you will end up landing on the homepage
- From their select service center and neighborhood
- Now click on the drop-down menu to select the type of research. You can go through this process by using only your name, bahi number, registration number, or CNIC
- In the end, all you need to do is click on the research button
To Check Property Ownership in Sindh
The Land Record Management Information System in Sindh or LARIMS is a digital platform to provide property access to people in Sindh. This portal is managed by the Revenue Authorities of Sindh, and by the same authoritative figure in Punjab.
Here is how you can check your property records in Sindh:
- Visit the website of sindhzameen.gos.pk now
- You can either search the required property record with your CNIC number or with your Name
- Then you should choose the Taluka or District from the drop-down menu
- Make sure to enter the complete name of the owner as well
- Hit the search button and get your required results
The user interface of the Punjab Zameen website and the Sindh Zameen website are the same.
How is the Digitization of Property Records Shaping a New Real Estate Age in Pakistan?
The real estate market is a growing and evolving industry that is subjected to growth, expansion, and diversity with every passing day. With the development of new housing societies and the availability of all the possible amenities, real estate is shaping up to become the perfect investment venture around the globe. With this level of public trust and a boost in investments, there also needs to incorporate contemporary details in the sector.
Here is how digitization is helping the real estate sector of Pakistan:
- Back in the day in order to find property ownership records, one had to go through a wide range of protocols, visit various offices, and bear a lot. But with the help of these digitization prospects, it is easy to get a hold of property ownership records. Simply by providing the necessary information, you can get access to the records.
- Traditional methods of property access and record follow-up required hefty investments and huge paychecks. Digitization of the data allows easy and free-of-cost access to the records.
- Conventional methods also required long and tiring processes which led to individuals tiring themselves out in the wake of record checkups. But with the help of digitization, you can now skip to the good part without having to spend hours in the whole process.
- With the help of land management systems in Punjab and Sindh, one can easily keep up with all the record processes. One can also have a look at whether the project or real estate development is approved by NADRA or not.
What are the Benefits of LRMIS (Land Record Management Information System)
Wondering what are the benefits of LRMIS, here are some of the most premium benefits of LRMIS:
- With the help of LRMIS, you do not have to spend months to complete the process of property transfer in Pakistan or also known as mutation.
- LRMIS allows you to assess the records from anywhere as long as you have the right set of credentials
- It is free of cost and does not require you to pay any upfront costs
- Eliminates the need for a patwari
- As this one is directly associated with the NADRA and also involves biometric verification which cements the credibility of the whole process of property transfer and record followup
- Reduces, minimizes, and eliminates the corruption
Prospects of Property Investments in Pakistan
The real estate sector of Pakistan is growing at a rapid pace. It is considered to be a great investment venture for people. Not only the market favors the passive income makers but also provides great venues for stable and long-term residential investments. It is a win-win for everyone.
From Lahore Smart City to Hateem City Multan, the prospects of real estate investment in Pakistan are various and top-notch.